The Philippines and India have agreed to work together in terms of business process outsourcing (BPO), according to the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said the two countries will look for ways to work together instead of engaging in fierce competition. India and the Philippines are two of the world’s top outsourcing destination and working together, instead of competing, will benefit both countries, Lopez said. He added that the Philippines and India can jointly offer their best services to further entice overseas clients. The BPO industry in India and the Philippines are threatened by the rise of the AI and the protectionist stance of US President Donald Trump.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information