Property consulting firm JLL Philippines said the main driver of the office market in Metro Manila is still the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, which accounts for 80% to 90% of the office demand. JLL regional director and head of project leasing Sheila Lobien said BPOs accounted for 600,000 square meters in rented office space so far this year, up from 500,000 square meter in 2016. Among the factors that drive the office market growth are the impressive skills of locals, cheaper labor costs, and a large pool of experienced talent.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information