The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in Cebu is expected to remain the top leader in job generation next year, according to Wesley Chiongbian, president of Cebu-based job site Mynimo.com. Jobs in sales and accounting are also forecast to be in high demand in 2019. Overall, job vacancies in Cebu are projected to continue to grow on the back of the city’s robust economy. However, the rapid growth is already leading to serious talent shortages in some sectors, with BPO ranked second in the most affected. For this year, Chiongbian said that the education sector has the highest talent shortage in Cebu, with a ratio of 11 job opportunities to one applicant. This is followed by the BPO sector, with nine job openings per applicant, and then sales, with five job openings for each applicant. More than 60% of the job opportunities in the province are still in Cebu City, Chiongbian added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information