The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry continued to be the biggest job generator in the Philippines in 2017, according to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). Based on data obtained from DOLE’s job matching web platform PhilJobnet, call center jobs topped the list of openings from January to December 2017 with 133,300 vacancies. However, while the number of jobseekers continues to increase, there have been fewer job vacancies in the country. Government data showed that the number of job vacancies declined, while demand for jobs increased by 12%. In December last year, the Philippines recorded an unemployment rate of 5.7%, 1% higher than the 4.7% rate in 2016.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information