The robust business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines is expected to further open doors for the Philippines especially with the newly created ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). Melvyn Low, Citi head for treasury and trade solutions for ASEAN and Singapore, was quoted by the Philippine Daily Inquirer as saying that the Philippines stands out as a potential growth market under the AEC due to the country’s competitive advantages in the services sector, particularly in BPO. The Philippines, he added, will remain as the region’s BPO hub, while other companies set up manufacturing hubs in Vietnam or financial hubs in Singapore.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information