The growing number of people working in Bacolod City’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is also driving the growth of the city’s auto and housing market, according to the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI). During the inauguration of the bank’s ‘Housing and Auto Loan Madness’ campaign, BPI preferred banking relationship manager Maximo Eleccion said people come to work in Bacolod City because of the high paying jobs provided by BPO firms. Bacolod car buyers, he said, no longer wait for five years to change their cars. On housing, Eleccion said new township projects built by the big real estate companies in Bacolod City are boosting people’s confidence to invest in the property market.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information