With the rising incidence of cyber attacks, the business process outsourcing (BPO) needs a specific response team to minimize risks, according to the Associated Chamber of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM). The association said the government should mandate BPO sector-specific policies and procedures to address the security requirements. There is a need to promote cybersecurity as a social responsibility in BPO organizations, according to ASSOCHAM secretary general D.S. Rawat. He also urged for collaboration between the government, industry, and academia, over and above all the work that is already being done to protect the BPO industry from cyber attacks.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information