Property developer Property Co of Friends Inc (Profriends) is calling for the decentralization of the country’s business process outsourcing sector to decongest Metro Manila. Profriends chief finance officer Rosanne Duavit-Santiago said property developers are already tapping the market outside of Metro Manila as BPOs do not have any more incentives in the Metro. Santiago said incentives should be given to BPOs that expand outside of Metro Manila to decongest the capital. Profriends is developing mixed-used commercial property outside of the capital to target BPOs that want to expand. Of the 1,500-hectare Lancaster New City development in Cavite, around 25 hectares will be allotted to BPO buildings, Santiago said. At present, around 400 BPO seats have been taken in Lancaster and Profriends is targeting to develop 16,000 seats for the BPO sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information