Demand for office space from the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry remains strong as more Western companies look for ways to reduce costs by outsourcing some of their operations to the Philippines. This was the pronouncement of SM Prime commercial properties group senior vice president David Rafael. Rafael said the slowdown in Europe and the United States has triggered the aggressive demand for office space in the Philippines as more companies from those countries outsource here. To address the demand, SM Prime is building a mixed-used development project in Pampanga. The property will include residential, commercial and office components and will be completed in 2019. Rafael said SM Prime’s job is to provide BPO firms with a good office for their operations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information