Business groups in the Philippines, including the IT and Business Association of the Philippines, have chosen constitutional amendments to ease foreign equity restrictions as its top priority. Easing of foreign equity restrictions was one of the 12 reforms that the business groups want to be prioritized by the Duterte administration. Aside from constitutional amendments, the 12 reforms include, comprehensive tax reform package, apprenticeship program reform, build-operate-transfer law amendments, freedom of information, corporation code amendments, Public Service Act amendments, telecommunication sector reforms, water sector reform, bank secrecy law amendments, emergency powers to address traffic and transportation crises, and retail trade law amendments.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information