The Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) is seeking to attract business process outsourcing (BPO) firms with the installation of a multi-billion peso fiber-optic infrastructure. According to the Manila Times, the ecozone has put up the infrastructure connected to the Tyco Global Network-Intra Asia submarine cabling system. The system is recognized as one of the best in Asia in terms of capacity and latency. CEZA Santa Ana OIC Engr. Julian Gonzales was quoted in the report as saying that the infrastructure elevates CEZA into a premier techno-zone, which should attract the BPO industry to invest. Located at the country’s northeastern tip, CEZA is a government-owned and -controlled corporation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information