The US Department of Labor has threatened to cancel Convergy’s current federal contracts and ban the company from future federal contracting should it fail submit all the documents and information requested by the department. The US Department of Labor filed a lawsuit to require Convergys Customer Management Group to submit documents detailing its action plans for company facilities in the US, particularly in Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee. The lawsuit was related to issues on equal employment standards. The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs said in a news release that it will take all actions necessary should Convergys refuse to cooperate. Convergys operates several call centers in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information