Business process outsourcing firms in Cebu are planning how to maximize the hiring of senior high school graduates in the next two years. This is in anticipation of the absence of college graduates for two years. There are currently no regular first year and second year college students due to the implementation of the Senior High School (SHS) program under the K to 12 curriculum. Managing director of Cebu Information Technology/Business Process Management Organization (CIB.O) Wilfredo Jun Sa-a Jr. said the group has been working with Councilor Joy Young for this recruitment plan since 2016. The initiative is designed to address the workplace gap that the BPO sector expects to have as it maintains continued growth in the next years. The BPO and shared services industry continue to offer the most jobs in the region, according to 2017 Cebu Jobs and Salary Report by Jobstreet.com.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information