The Cebu IT-BPM Organization (Cib.O) and the Cebu City government are working together to make the city the country’s first-choice, go-to city for computer coders. 30 senior high school teachers were initially enrolled in a two-day coding training program in October last year, said Cib.O Managing Director Wilfredo Sa-a Jr. Another training session for a second batch of teachers will be held in April. Cib.O has partnered with the local school board, Department of Education-Cebu; Accenture; the Department of Information and Communications Technology; and Code.org, a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools, for the training. Sa-a said that they have prioritized training teachers so that the program will become self-sustaining. By equipping more teachers with coding training skills, this will enable senior high students to be taught coding in computer languages that are used to develop mobile apps, websites and software.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information