Cognizant President Rajeev Mehta has denied reports of massive layoffs, saying the company is only conducting performance reviews to ensure goals for the subsequent year are clear. Mehta underscored that Cognizant remains committed to meritocracy and believes that it is good for the company’s associates around the world. Cognizant has been on the receiving end of bad press in India after several employees’ alleged “forced” termination. Reports suggest that over 6,000 employees in India have lost their jobs even as the company has put in place a voluntary separation program for mid to senior executives.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information