Cognizant Technology Solutions has joined a number of IT and outsourcing firms in turning to local talent in the United States. Last year, Cognizant hired over 4,000 US citizens and residents, building a network of over 20 US-based delivery centers to accommodate the workforce. For this year, Cognizant President Rajeev Mehta said the company plans to add more capacity. Cognizant was expected to turn over more than 6,000 employees this year as part of the company’s normal employee appraisal process. Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys and Wipro are also increasing their hiring in the US although the companies have not released numbers yet.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information