Nasdaq-listed IT outsourcing firm Cognizant said its profit for the first quarter of this year rose to USD557m from USD441m from a year earlier. With the Q1 growth, Cognizant reaffirmed its revenue growth forecast of 8–10% for calendar year 2017. In a statement, the company said its net income rose to USD557m, higher than the USD508.33m revenue expected by analysts. For the second quarter, Cognizant estimates revenue to be between USD3.63bn and USD3.68bn, a sequential increase between 2.3% and 3.7%. Cognizant has more than 261,000 employees, most of them based in India.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information