The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is considered as one of the major players in the labor force in Western Visayas, according to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). The employment rate in Western Visayas continues its upward trend with an increase of 5% from 2014 to 2015. The current robust construction industry in the region was the major contributor to the employment growth, but BPO and tourism were also identified as major players in the region’s labor force. Western Visayas, which includes the provinces of Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo and Negros Occidental, posted a total of 3.3 million individuals employed, up from 3.13 million last year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information