Global outsourcing giant Convergys Corp is planning to acquire buw, a German customer management company, for EUR123m (USD136m), in cash. According to reports, Convergys already has an agreement to purchase buw, but the deal still needs adjustments and regulatory approvals. Buw is the largest owner-operated customer management company in Germany, with 16 facilities and 6,000 employees in Germany, Hungary and Romania. The said facilities and employees will become part of Convergys, the largest customer service provider in the US, when the deal is sealed. Convergys has 130,000 employees who speak 58 languages housed in more than 150 locations across the globe, with a number of contact centers in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information