Despite the election of Donald Trump as US president, business process outsourcing (BPO) giant Convergys Corp said its 60,000 employees in the Philippines will keep their jobs. Convergys made the reassurance following concerns that outsourcing companies will pull out from the Philippines. Andrea Myers, Convergys worldwide president and chief executive assured its 131,000 employees worldwide that nothing is different as a result of the election. Convergys, the 10th biggest BPO company in the world and the largest in the Philippines, will continue to open sites and expand in every region where it has presence, Myers added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information