Global outsourcing giant Convergys Corporation is reportedly planning to lay off up to 375 call center employees starting 23 September. The layoff will involve the company’s employees at its Tampa, Florida site. Convergys currently has about 1,000 employees in Tampa, said spokeswoman Brooke Beiting. She added that the layoff is a result of clients’ evolving business needs. Some of the affected employees will be move into other roles. Convergys has about 130,000 employees in 31 countries. In the Philippines, Convergys is one of the major outsourcing companies that operate various call centers around the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information