The Data Privacy Act of 2012, also known as Republic Act 10173, is expected to strengthen the country’s bid as a top business process outsourcing (BPO) destination area. According to the Freedom for Media Alternatives (FMA), which conducted two consultations in Manila and Davao City in relation to the Data Privacy Law, companies in the European Union prefer to deal with BPO companies located in areas where data privacy is protected. However, Jamael Jacob, legal policy adviser of FMA, said Filipinos are still wary about the effects of the Data Privacy Act of 2012. FMA is expected to hold its next consultation in Cebu, after which the law’s Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) document is expected to be completed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information