Two Philippine-based firms, Now Corp and the Asian Institute of Journalism and Communication (AIJC), have committed to help the Bangladeshi government in their areas of expertise of business process outsourcing (BPO), knowledge economics, ICT and cybersecurity. Now Corp is a listed company in the telecommunications and IT sector. Mel Velasco Velarde, CEO of Now Corp, said the company is planning to partner with officials from various ministries as they develop and implement a strategic roadmap toward ICT and BPO development in Bangladesh. A team of industry stakeholders from Bangladesh was in the Philippines recently to explore possible partnership with local BPO players and learn from the successes of the Philippine outsourcing industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information