Philippine ambassador to Egypt Leslie J. Baja said Egypt and the Philippines could soon establish a business council that will set up an institutional framework to boost trade and increase awareness of both Filipino and Egyptian businessmen. In an interview with Daily News Egypt, Baja said one of the sectors that he can envision cooperation between the Philippines and Egypt would be the information technology sector, especially in terms of business process outsourcing. He said BPO could be something that Egyptian investors and businessmen would be interested in. Bilateral trade between the two countries has been decreasing since 2011, but Baja said there are a lot of promising prospects in Egypt for Filipino investors.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information