Vermont, USA Sen. Bernie Sanders is putting pressure on US President-elect Donald Trump to keep his offshore outsourcing pledge. Sanders is set to introduce legislation to discourage firms from relocating jobs offshore. While Sanders’ proposal is aimed at manufacturing relocations, his proposal is broad enough that it may affect IT offshoring decisions as well. Sanders made offshore outsourcing a high-profile issue in the presidential campaign. Sanders’ “Outsourcing Prevention Act” would bar companies that outsource jobs offshore from receiving future federal contracts, tax breaks and grants of loans from the US government. During the US presidential campaign, Trump proposed financial penalties, through higher tariffs, on companies that relocate manufacturing operations overseas.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information