Davao City’s information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) promotion was lauded by officials of the Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT) during the 1st Philippine Impact Sourcing Conference media briefing. DICT secretary Rodolfo Salalima announced that they will replicate the city’s efforts in boosting its IT-BPM, highlighting Davao City’s active ICT industry. DICT undersecretary Monchito Ibrahim, for his part, said that of the estimated 1 million freelance online workers, some 154,000 are from Davao, which is now one of the biggest freelance online hubs and home to numerous local and foreign BPM firms in the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information