The 1st Philippine Impact Sourcing Conference (Piscon) held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Davao City, gathered industry experts coming from both the private and public sector. Highlights of the conference include the launching of the National Broadband Network, the iGov data center that seeks to address the hosting requirements of government agencies, and cyber security. Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT) secretary Rodolfo Salalima and undersecretary Monchito Ibrahim personally graced the event, together with representatives from the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines, Contact Center Association of the Philippines, and ICT Davao Inc, among others. President Rodrigo Duterte earlier gave his approval to establish a National Government Portal and a National Broadband Plan during the 13th Cabinet Meeting in Malacañang.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information