As the Philippines is gearing up for the possible entry of a third telecommunications company that could increase broadband speed and lower internet fees, the Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT) is also eying a fourth player. DICT OIC secretary Eliseo Rio said a fourth player is possible after the third telecom company has been chosen. The DICT will have a ‘beauty contest’ type of selection for the slot of a third telecom company that would compete against PLDT and Globe Telecom, and the selection process could start by early next year. Rio clarified that PLDT and Globe and their subsidiaries are not open to join the bidding.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information