The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has partnered with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) for the rollout of free Wi-Fi internet services in the country. In a statement, the DICT said it signed an agreement with the UNDP to expedite the implementation of the Pipol Konek Free Wi-Fi Internet Access in Public Places Project. The signing was led by DICT Acting Secretary Eliseo M. Rio Jr. and UNDP Philippine Country Office Resident Representative Titon Mitra. Under the agreement, the UNDP will conduct an area-based network analysis of target sites for Wi-Fi hotspots, oversee monitoring of the impact of the project, and continue to provide technical training to achieve the expected outputs. The DICT sought the assistance of the UNDP in September of last year to fast-track the rollout of free Wi-Fi in the country, as well as to provide capacity-building initiatives for stakeholders involved in project management.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information