The Philippines’ digital trade value is predicted to reach PHP1.9tr (USD36.4bn) by 2030, according to a report from Hinrich Foundation. The report showed that the country’s digital trade was worth PHP160bn in 2017, equivalent to 1.8% of GDP, and is seen to hit PHP1.9tr by 2030 provided the country takes full advantage of the opportunities offered by digital trade and digital technologies. Digital trade includes the production, distribution, marketing, sale, or delivery of digitally enabled products and services, and cross-border data flows. Digitally enabled products and services include services using digital technologies such as information technology-business process outsourcing (IT-BPO), and export of data processing and online software consultancy services, among others. The report also revealed that the country’s digital exports are expected to rise by 218% to hit PHP594bn by 2030 if the country takes advantage of available opportunities. The IT-BPO sector is the primary driver of Philippine digital exports, the report added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information