IDC Philippines said the pivot and policy changes from Presidents Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines and Donald Trump of the US will disrupt the country’s ICT and business process outsourcing (BPO) industry by 2020. The forecast was among the 10 predictions of IDC Philippines for the Philippine ICT industry for this year and beyond. IDC said the policy changes of the Philippines and the US will disrupt the ICT and BPO sectors if the industry does not take critical steps safeguarding the country’s inherent growth drivers. IDC also said 25% of the country’s top 1,000 companies will see the majority of their business depending on their ability to create digitally enhanced products, services and experiences by 2020.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information