President Rodrigo Duterte, who promised in his presidential campaign for the setting up of a third telecommunications player in the country, has said that he does not want any delays in the implementation of the contract with the Mislatel Consortium. His message was relayed by Eliseo M. Rio Jr, acting secretary of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT). In his message to DICT employees, Rio said the president has expressed concern over the filing of a petition seeking to nullify the entire selection process for the third telco player. According to Rio, President Duterte has said, that he does not want any project of the DICT to be subject to any injunctions or TROs by any court. On November 7, the DICT named the Mislatel Consortium as the selected third telco player in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information