Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said contractualization in the country cannot be put to an end because of an existing law that allows it. Until there is a law that repeals the existing law, Bello said everyone will comply with the provisions of the law that allows legitimate contractualization. He added that President Rodrigo Duterte wants to end illegal contractualization, but cannot end those that allowed under Philippine laws. Under the existing law there are jobs that can be sourced out by the company, including security and janitorial services. Under the new order, tentatively called DO 30, core services like those made by sales girls will be banned and these employees should be regularised.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information