Experts urged companies in the Philippines to make early preparations or stand to be disrupted by the emergence of automation and artificial intelligence. Minette Navarrete, President of Kickstart Ventures, Inc, the corporate venture capital subsidiary of Globe Telecom, said businesses also need to re-orient to take a broader view and invest in AI while retraining people to do higher-level jobs that requirement human insight and judgment. She added that collaboration between large firms and startups becomes essential with the emergence of new digital technologies. Navarrete joined other experts in a panel discussion on Disruptive Technologies at the recent Arangkada Philippines Forum 2017.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information