French multinational video game developer and publisher Ubisoft intends to open a production studio in the country. Despite concerns about the slow internet speed in the country, Ubisoft managing director for Singapore, Chengdu, and the Philippines Olivier de Rotailier said he remains confident in the country as a location because of the growing number of BPO locators operating there. Ubisoft is opening in Q2 of this year to work on the development of its AAA console games. The company is known for its franchise games such as Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, and Tom Clancy’s The Division among others. Ubisoft Philippines is looking to hire up to 50 members for the local team this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information