General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is set to close its Central Texas call center, which is expected to affect about 840 employees. The company announced that operations will stop on May 31. GDIT has already sent a notice to the Texas Workforce Commission, informing the agency of its plans to cease operations. The center, which opened in 2013, helped customers find health insurance under the Affordable Care Act. GDIT provides information technology, systems engineering, professional services, and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government. It has worldwide presence, including the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information