To address the 20–40% shortage in IT-BPO talents in the Davao region, industry leaders in the area are pushing for IT training to produce more qualified workers. At present, 32 out of the 42 IT-BPM companies in Davao are looking to hire more workers, but there are not enough qualified talents. To address the problem, the IT-BPO sector in the region has proposed to Davao City mayor Sara Duterte a Skills for Work in IT training program that will prepare workers to work in the industry. Eric Manalastas of Next BPO Solutions said most IT graders are behind in terms of tech skills, and he expects the demand for IT-skilled workers to further rise especially that there will be no college graduates in 2021 due to the K-12 program of the government.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information