A recent study published by Technavio showed that the global knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) market is expected to grow by about 23% until 2019. The growth will be driven by companies looking for more analytical and specialized expertise, the report said. The pharmaceutical and biotech sub-segments are expected to show a high demand for clinical research and drug discovery services. In the Philippines, there is increased pressure to diversify offerings and move towards higher-value and knowledge-intensive services. KPO already accounted for 40% of the country’s BPO industry in the Philippines. Many BPO companies have branched out into non-voice services, which range from finance and accounting to animation to healthcare revenue cycle management.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information