To provide more local clients with ultra-fast Internet services, Globe Telecom is installing as many as 400,000 broadband lines in the country this year. With millions of Filipinos engaged in home-based outsourcing work, Globe’s plan will further improve the lives of many people because it will expand home broadband services. Eventually, the telecom giant wants to be able to provide its ultra-fast Internet service to as many as two million households in over 20,000 barangays by the year 2020. They have planned to invest as much as USD2bn for this project with the hopes of redefining Filipinos’ home broadband experience.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information