The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has drafted the National Human Resource Development (HRD) Industry Roadmap, primarily to allow the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry to plan for manpower development. Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said the country’s IT-BPM sector is expected to generate 2.5 million jobs in the next six years, and, as a result, concerned government agencies need to work together to address the anticipated 2.5 million workers required by the BPO industry. The HRD Roadmap would help the academe in guiding their students in choosing the right courses. It also identified the strengths of the industry and looked at the global marketplace, she said. The labor secretary stressed that one of the major challenges facing the Philippine BPO industry is a possible skills shortage.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information