Various groups coming from the private sector, technology, and start-up enthusiasts are lobbying for digital innovation in the BPO industry in Davo given the threats of automation, artificial intelligence and robotics. Techtalks PH Chief Program Officer Mary Rose Rontal stressed that information technology in Mindanao, particularly in Davao Region, should level up because traditional BPO services such as voice and non-voice services (such as virtual assistance and data entry) may be obsolete in the coming 10 to 20 years. Rontal stressed the need to stretch the skills of IT graduates, exposing them to artificial intelligence, robotics, cybersecurity and digital marketing skills to prepare for the future.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information