SM Prime President Hans Sy has urged businessmen in the Philippines, especially those engaged in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, not to be immediately discouraged with the reported plan of US President-elect Donald Trump to bring back jobs to the US from overseas. Sy, whose family owns SM Prime Holdings, one of the companies that has greatly benefited from the outsourcing industry, told businessmen to continue what they are doing because it is still too early to tell what Trump will do, and how his policies will affect the BPO sector. In Iloilo City, the SM Group is set to start construction for a hotel and a tower for BPO companies. Sy expressed optimism that the country’s BPO industry will continue to thrive despite Trump’s pronouncements
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information