A recent survey by Accenture has revealed that the healthcare industry will have to go through digital transformation in order to cater to the needs of young customers, particularly those belonging to the millennial and gen Z generations. Accenture surveyed 2,338 US healthcare users who were least 18 years old. According to the research, young people are forcing the emergence of new models and contact methods such as email and text to telemedicine and online clinics for their healthcare. Key points from the survey show that millennials are two to three times more likely than baby boomers to be dissatisfied with appointment times, location and effectiveness of care. 39% of millenials have tried virtual care, and more than half of the respondents use wearables or apps to manage lifestyle and health or use virtual nurses.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information