Home-based online outsourcing in the cities of Cebu and Davao generated P700 million and P124 million, respectively, during the 2010-2014 according to Samuel Matunog, president of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT)-Davao, Inc, who cited data from US-based E-lance and O-desk online platforms. Data for the year 2015 has not been released, but Matunog was positive that the home-based online outsourcing industry in Davao has grown tremendously last year. He stressed that theP124-million figure for Davao City was from the years when people were not yet that active online. Davao, he said, has huge potential for home-based online outsourcing because of the city’s young, highly-educated and multicultural workforce.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information