Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp (HSBC) said the Philippine economy will continue to be resilient in the next couple of years despite the threat of the protectionist policies of US President Donald Trump. However, HSBC said the Philippines needs to diversify away from business process outsourcing (BPO) to ensure more sustainable growth. Economic expansion would continue despite Trump’s policies against the BPO sector, but the Philippines should not rely too much on the BPO industry to sustain growth, the British bank said. HSBC said the Philippine economic growth will remain robust over the next two years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information