To aid companies and their staff succeed in the era of artificial intelligence (AI) and automation, tech giant IBM has created IBM Talent & Transformation. IBM said the new business unit will help firms empower employees, transform workflows, eliminate bias and help build a modern workforce. Recent IBM studies have showed that at least 20 million workers in the world’s 10 largest economies may need to be retrained and reskilled in the next three years to compete in the age of AI and automation. The research also showed that two-thirds of chief executive officers said AI will drive significant value in human resources, yet only 11 per cent of them reported their organizations have AI, data science, and machine learning skills. Mark Foster, senior vice president at IBM Global Business Services, said accessing the right talent and skills is the greatest barrier to progress in undertaking digital transformation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information