The IT Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) received an assurance of support for the industry from Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) Secretary Rodrigo Salalima at the opening day of the launch of the IT-BPM Roadmap 2022. IBPAP chairman Dan Reyes said the clarifications made by Salalima and trade secretary Ramon Lopez have addressed the industry’s quest for clarifications from the government. IBPAP has earlier requested a meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte to clarify the president’s statements concerning the United States. The request was made during the launch of the IT BPM 2022 last week and while IBPAP said the concerns have already been addressed, Malacañang stressed that the meeting will happen soon depending on the schedule of the President. Reyes said that what is far more of a concern for the industry now is the long-term challenge of talent in terms of growth.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information