The Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) has expressed confidence that the country’s IT and business process management (BPM) industry will be able to generate USD40bn in revenues by 2022. IBPAP unveiled last week the IT-BPM Roadmap 2022, an industry six-year guide that will chart the growth path of the industry in the next six years. The optimism in the industry comes despite concerns rising from President Rodrigo Duterte’s anti-US stance. By the end of 2022, the IT-BPM industry is seen producing 1.8 million jobs and will account for 15.5% of the global market by then from this year’s 12.6%. IBPAP said that Roadmap 2022 is its most ambitious blueprint to date as it took a sectoral approach. The past two roadmaps – Roadmap 2010 and 2016 – have been instrumental in the growth of the country’s IT-BPM industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information