Senator Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino IV was honored for his contribution in developing and strengthening information technology (IT) and business process outsourcing (BPO) sectors through legislation. Aquino was given the award during the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) Flare Awards 2018. The event was held Monday night at the Peninsula Manila hotel. As chairman of the Senate Committee on Science and Technology, Aquino has initiated hearings to look into and provide solutions to the threats and issues that affect the BPO sector, including artificial intelligence. Aquino has 32 laws to his name, including the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act, which grants free tuition and miscellaneous fees in public universities and colleges. The IBPAP Flare Awards 2018 champions the association’s mission to sustain the growth of the sectors through talent development, country marketing, investment promotions, and knowledge sharing.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information