The Information and Communications Technology – Business Process Management (ICT-BPM) industry is forecast to contribute 7.2% to the country’s gross domestic product by the end of 2016. The industry, working together with the incoming administration, also eyes to generate one million more jobs for Filipinos. The Philippine ICT-BPM industry is worth USD18.9bn with over one million employees in the whole country. By the end of last year revenues for the industry were at USD22bn and are expected to reach USD25bn by the end of 2016, already equivalent to current overseas remittances.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information